17.4.13

CHALKBOARD WALLS



Back before Alfie was born, I made a chalkboard for our kitchen and for a while, it looked really good - we'd use it to write reminders on or ingredients we needed. Fast forward a couple of years and both the boys love to draw on it; the only thing is that Alfie can barely reach it as I placed it too high up on the wall! Recently, these images have caught my eye - the owners of these homes have painted the whole wall in chalkboard paint, so there's room for all the family to draw / make lists / scribble funny messages to each other. More gorgeous chalkboard walls after the jump...



What do you think?  Would you have have a chalkboard wall?  I'm thinking the boys would be able to draw on it whilst we're preparing meals, and we could write important things to remember on it too (I still can't believe just how many things we have to remember to do now that Jamie's at school :)

(Image 1 / 2 source unknown / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

3 comments:

  1. such a great idea! I'd only worry about chalk dust getting everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea but would also be a bit worried about it looking messy! Saw a photo recently of a kitchen with only the back of the door painted in chalkboard paint, which looked fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 08, 2013

    I like the messy look of the chalkboard walls, its fun! And I just loooove the yellow bed..

    ReplyDelete